Pre-registration is required prior to your procedure. To register in advance, call 615-695-7250 or Pre-Register Online in order to expedite the process.
TriStar StoneCrest accepts most major insurance plans. Where appropriate, the hospital will bill the insurance company as a courtesy to the patient. However, the patient is responsible for all charges incurred. If your insurance plan requires co-pay, co-insurance, or you have not met your deductible, please call 615-768-2028 to speak with a financial counselor concerning your financial obligation.
Pre-surgery screening provides your physician with important information about your current state of health prior to your surgery. During pre-surgery testing:
- Your admission information will be reviewed
- Several tests will be performed, including diagnostic tests and any others ordered by your physician or hospital anesthesiologist
- You will receive information about your anesthesia
If you are under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must sign the consent forms required for testing and surgery.
Please follow these important instructions before surgery. If you fail to follow these instructions, your surgery may be cancelled.
- Do not eat (this includes sucking on hard candy or mints), drink, chew gum or smoke after midnight on the night before the surgery. You may brush your teeth, but do not swallow any water.
- Ask your physician if you should take your routine morning medications. If your physician says yes, you should take medications with a sip of water before going to the hospital.
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing and low-heeled shoes to the hospital on the day of surgery. If you are having surgery on your head, neck or eyes, you should wear a shirt or blouse that opens in the front. Nail polish, make-up, and jewelry should not be worn.
- A responsible adult must be present to accompany you home and should stay with you the first 24 hours after surgery.
- Leave your valuables, large amounts of cash, jewelry and credit cards at home or with a family member or friend for safekeeping.
- If at any time prior to your surgery you become ill or have developed any new health problems, please call your physician or surgeon immediately. Changes in your health may impact your surgeon's decision to perform surgery.
The Day of Surgery
- On the day of surgery, report to the admissions desk. Please arrive at the hospital two hours before the scheduled time of surgery. It is important that you arrive on time.
- You should expect to stay at the hospital for two to four hours after your surgery is completed.
- Patients under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. One parent must be in the hospital at all times, even when the child is in surgery or recovery. Please make child care arrangements for other children.
- All patients will be asked to sign a consent form when admitted. When surgery is to be performed on a minor, the consent form must be signed by a parent or legal guardian who is present at the time of admission.
- Discharge instructions will be provided for your post-surgery care prior to being discharged. You will receive a follow up phone call from one of our staff members a few days after your surgery.